Farabi Institute alongside with the modern world and in order to commemoration of the International Year of Light decides to hold drawing contest with the theme of light and light-based technologies. The works are categorized into two types of creativity and aestheticism. Hence those interested in both types can create their works and send them to our institute.
Conditions of the Contest
- The age group: 6-17 year old students
- The theme are: “light” in human life, light and human communication, light and health, light and future, etc.
- Drawing size: 40*60 cm
- Drawing techniques are free
Why International year of light? Extensive developments of optics have changed the human life. Growing revolution of medical imaging, causing to increases the accuracy in treatment and decreases the financial costs of casualties dramatically. The internet a symbol of communication via satellite performance and fiber optic, has converted the past mysterious world to the small village and made the human relationships more beautiful.
The increasing use of solar energy as the best and cleanest energy, promises happy future for our beautiful planet. These developments have convinced the erudite and scholarly scientists to focus and invest on swifter progress of optics can plummet the living costs of mankind life. Hence On 20 December 2013, the UN General Assembly 68th Session proclaimed 2015 as the International Year of Light and Light-based Technologies (IYL 2015). We are hoping it can to open the doors for better life of human being.
Target: the main aim of this plan and commemoration of the International Year of Light, is to synchronize with modern world for introducing the importance of light and light-based technologies to our students. We are hoping to expand the knowledge in this field, encourage youth to study in this prosperous field of science, and persuade our politician and legislators to consider and invest in this field.
Advantage: all drawings which have acceptable caliber, will be eligible to send to the UNESCO. These works would be submitted with your name.
How to submit works:
- All dear participants should send their works by post to the below address or deliver their works themselves. Please write “The Drawing Contest” on parcel.
- Write personal information legibly in back of the drawing, please write: Full Name, Birthdate, Sex, Postal Address, Phone #, Cellphone #, Email Address.
- Please don’t write anything on the drawing, and please don’t fold it when you want to send it.
- Send your drawings before July 11, 2015.
Mailing Address: Farabi Institute, Jondi Shapoor St. Amanie, Ahvaz, Khuzestan, Iran